$10 NATURE TOUR HOLIDAY GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE! There are over 22 million of us in Southern California, yet most of us have never visited the 2 1/2 million acres of national forest within our region. Give the gift of a nature tour to your family and friends this holiday season. Certificates are available upon request and can be sent via email. Must donate $10 through PayPal or send a check (mailing details below) in advance of request.
Naturalist For You is made possible by the generous contributions of our many partners and by tour participants like you. To continue to provide high-quality tours, presentations, workshops, and other conservation related programs, we must rely on your financial support.
Naturalist For You is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, public benefit corporation. All donations are tax-deductable. Please make checks payable to "Naturalist For You" and mail to:
Naturalist For You
PO Box 381
Silverado, CA 92676-0381
Or donate through PayPal by clicking the button:
Are you or your organization interested in providing goods, services, monetary donations, or property?
Are you interested in donating your time as a volunteer naturalist, administrative assistant, or marketing director?
Are you interested in joining our board to assist with fundraising?
Are you a potential donor interested in booking a private full-day or mutiple-day wilderness adventure with your very own naturalist? Click here for details!
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, please contact:
We are hoping to dramatically increase the amount of tours and events in our four national forests throughout 2010! We hope to provide the pubic with free guided tour programs almost every day of the week throughout the year with multiple programs per day, including bilingual tours!
We are also in a unique position to receive land donations and conduct special programs on private preserves, which requires the purchase of liability insurance and payment of land trust fees.
In order to accomplish these exciting objectives, we must rely on your generous financial support.
|$25 = "Ethnobotanist"
||Receive a collection of fresh-picked native herbs, including bay, white sage, black sage, sagebrush, toyon, blackberry, and mugwort leaves!
|$35 = "Mountain Man/Woman"
||Receive an Honorary Mountain Man/Woman Certificate and an authentic walking stick!
|$75 = "Tribal Survivor"
||Receive a private 1-hour Tribal Survival tour for you and your immediate family or close friends!
|$100 = "Canyoneer"
||Receive a private 3-hour Wet 'n' Wild tour for you and your immediate family or close friends!
|$250 = "Mountain Explorer"
||Receive a private 4-hour driving tour of the Santa Ana Mountains and an autographed poster size photographic print of your favorite NFY tour location, plant, or animal from our extensive Flickr photo gallery!
|$500 or more = "Wilderness Adventurer"
||Receive a private full-day or mutiple-day wilderness adventure with your very own naturalist! Find hidden waterfalls, scramble over boulders, jump into rock pools, and explore the unknown!
For inquiries on how to become a partner on the partners page click here.
Do you need a professional naturalist to conduct an entertaining and educational nature tour or presentation for your organization, agency, club, family, or group? Naturalist For You provides hikes, walks, stationary presentations, and even mountain bike rides in the following areas of interest:
- Plants & Wildlife
- Cultural History
- Everything Tours
- Specialty Tours
Are you curious about a particular natural area near your neighborhood, but afraid to visit on your own? Explore these areas with Naturalist For You:
- Orange County
- Los Angeles County
- Kern County
- Ventura County
- Plus more...
- Friday, March 13, 7PM-9PM - Nocturnal Wildlife Wander in White Canyon (behind Silverado Cafe), Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, March 14, 8AM-11AM - Intro to Birding with Julia @ Black Star Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, March 14, 2PM-4:30PM - Sauerkraut from Wild Mustards with Chase @ Chase's Suburban Homestead, Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Sunday, March 15, 9AM-2PM - Foraging Edible Plants up Trabuco Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=moderate.
- Friday, March 20, 7PM-9PM - The Hole Hike up Black Star Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, March 21, 4PM-7PM - Story Game Night with Chase @ Chase's Suburban Homestead, Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County.
- Sunday, March 22, 9:30AM-2:30PM - Fish Canyon Falls Wild Edibles & Wildlife ID, San Gabriel Mountains, Los Angeles County, Difficulty=easy to moderate.
- Friday, March 27, 6PM-8PM - Mountain Music Jam on Black Star Canyon Road, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County.
- Saturday, March 28, 10AM-12PM - Ethnobotanical Plant Walk, Ormond Beach East, Oxnard, Ventura County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, March 28, 1PM-3:30PM - String and Knots with Chase @ Chase's Suburban Homestead, Rancho Santa Margarita, Orange County.
- Sunday, March 29, 10AM-4PM - Panhe: A Celebration of Protection & Preservation, San Mateo Campground, San Onofre State Beach, Orange County.