$10 NATURE TOUR HOLIDAY GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE! There are over 22 million of us in Southern California, yet most of us have never visited the 2 1/2 million acres of national forest within our region. Give the gift of a nature tour to your family and friends this holiday season. Certificates are available upon request and can be sent via email. Must donate $10 through PayPal or send a check (mailing details below) in advance of request.
Naturalist For You is made possible by the generous contributions of our many partners and by tour participants like you. To continue to provide high-quality tours, presentations, workshops, and other conservation related programs, we must rely on your financial support.
Naturalist For You is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, public benefit corporation. All donations are tax-deductable. Please make checks payable to "Naturalist For You" and mail to:
Naturalist For You
PO Box 381
Silverado, CA 92676-0381
Or donate through PayPal by clicking the button:
Are you or your organization interested in providing goods, services, monetary donations, or property?
Are you interested in donating your time as a volunteer naturalist, administrative assistant, or marketing director?
Are you interested in joining our board to assist with fundraising?
Are you a potential donor interested in booking a private full-day or mutiple-day wilderness adventure with your very own naturalist? Click here for details!
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, please contact:
We are hoping to dramatically increase the amount of tours and events in our four national forests throughout 2010! We hope to provide the pubic with free guided tour programs almost every day of the week throughout the year with multiple programs per day, including bilingual tours!
We are also in a unique position to receive land donations and conduct special programs on private preserves, which requires the purchase of liability insurance and payment of land trust fees.
In order to accomplish these exciting objectives, we must rely on your generous financial support.
|$25 = "Ethnobotanist"
||Receive a collection of fresh-picked native herbs, including bay, white sage, black sage, sagebrush, toyon, blackberry, and mugwort leaves!
|$35 = "Mountain Man/Woman"
||Receive an Honorary Mountain Man/Woman Certificate and an authentic walking stick!
|$75 = "Tribal Survivor"
||Receive a private 1-hour Tribal Survival tour for you and your immediate family or close friends!
|$100 = "Canyoneer"
||Receive a private 3-hour Wet 'n' Wild tour for you and your immediate family or close friends!
|$250 = "Mountain Explorer"
||Receive a private 4-hour driving tour of the Santa Ana Mountains and an autographed poster size photographic print of your favorite NFY tour location, plant, or animal from our extensive Flickr photo gallery!
|$500 or more = "Wilderness Adventurer"
||Receive a private full-day or mutiple-day wilderness adventure with your very own naturalist! Find hidden waterfalls, scramble over boulders, jump into rock pools, and explore the unknown!
For inquiries on how to become a partner on the partners page click here.
Do you need a professional naturalist to conduct an entertaining and educational nature tour or presentation for your organization, agency, club, family, or group? Naturalist For You provides hikes, walks, stationary presentations, and even mountain bike rides in the following areas of interest:
- Plants & Wildlife
- Cultural History
- Everything Tours
- Specialty Tours
Are you curious about a particular natural area near your neighborhood, but afraid to visit on your own? Explore these areas with Naturalist For You:
- Orange County
- Los Angeles County
- Kern County
- Ventura County
- Plus more...
- Thursday, July 17, 8PM-10PM - San Antonio Falls at Night, San Gabriel Mountains, Difficulty=easy to moderate.
- Friday, July 18, 3:30PM-6:30PM - Intro to Foraging, Black Star Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, July 19, 9AM - Medicines of the Wild West with Chase, Trabuco Canyon, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, July 19, 6PM-10PM - GROOVE SESSION is playing at the 8th Annual Silverado Summer Concert Series, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County.
- Sunday, July 20, 1PM-8PM - Mill Creek Jumpoff, Forest Falls, San Bernardino Mountains, San Bernardino County, Difficulty=moderate.
- Sunday, July 20, 2PM-4PM - Tongva Time for Kids with Ryan and Jennifer, Black Star Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Wednesday, July 23, 7PM-8PM - Tribal Tales of Grizzly, Owl, Coyote, and Friends, Silverado Branch Library, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County.
- Thursday, July 24, 6:30PM-8:30PM - Nocturnal Wildlife Watch in Silverado Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Friday, July 25, 7PM-9PM - Supernaturalist for You with Ryan and Jennifer, Black Star Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=easy.
- Friday, July 25, 6PM-8PM - Mountain Music Jam up Black Star Canyon Road, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County.
- Saturday, July 26, 9AM - Tree Climbing Workshop with Chase, Trabuco Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Difficulty=varies based on ability.
- Saturday, July 26, 10AM-12PM - Wildlife Tracking, Santa Clara River East, Santa Paula, Ventura County, Difficulty=easy.
- Saturday, July 26, 7PM-10PM - Bug Lighting with Rich in Silverado Canyon, Santa Ana Mountains, Orange County, Max Capacity=15.
- Thursday, July 31, 9:30AM-2:30PM - Icehouse Canyon Wet 'n' Wild Exploration, Homeschool Summer Series, San Gabriel Mountains, San Bernardino County, Difficulty=easy to moderate.